Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chips Pringle
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
to sell a Nikon d800 for a d7100??
7 months ago

QUESTION - I own a DX d5200 and a FF d800. I have a few lenses for each and I realize I can use the FF lenses on my d5200. I'm considering selling my d800 and replacing it with a d7100, I would just have the two DX bodys. I know with good glass I will still get very good images from these two DX bodys, and I can use the money from selling the d800 to buy more glass, like maybe a f2.8  17-55 DX, or a f2.8 FF f4 70-200 VR lens. I had dreams of becoming a higher level of photographer than what reality is now showing me. I did shoot an outdoor wedding last fall with both my DX and FF bodies, but I could have easily gotten by with two DX bodes and good glass. I will be shooting for fun, shooting birds, nature, doing portraits for small money, smalll and not to expensive types of weddings, family shoots and whatever comes my way that isn't above my ability and knowledge. I did shoot dental office employees and those images made it to his web site, but that too could have been accomplished with DX. So far the things I've shot could have been accomplished with a d7100. I guess I can't justify me having a d800. Do you think I will be fine or regret selling a FF for a DX. This may seem like a STUPID question, but I am serious.

-- hide signature --

Chip

Nikon D5200 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow