Forum ProPosts: 10,683Gear list
Like?
Re: K5-II(s) firmware 1.07 PULLED?
In reply to brandrx, 4 months ago

brandrx wrote:

SRT201 wrote:

Ron,

I only this was my only problem.

Apparently they noticed at Ricoh and updated the page and firmware file name for the K5IIs. It is now as it should be named. "k5_2s107.EXE"

Scott,

Right after I made this thread, 21 hours ago, I downloaded k5_2s107.EXE for my K5 IIs. I still have it on my computer as k5_2s107.EXE. That's what is so confusing to me. You made your post after I downladed it. I have looked into it right after you made that claim and it was still k5_2s107.EXE showing on the download site. Oh well. I'm glad that it is clear for you now as it always was clear for me.

Ron

A lot of people do not 'refresh' the page when they visit it, We already know Ricoh have a long Time To Live set on their page .

This means unless 'refreshed' anyone who regularly visits their support pages will see the cached version from their local machine which of cause will be old versions.

But not a reflection of what actually on Ricohs page at that point in time, Once the time to live expires revisiting the page will automatically cause a refreshed view and viola 'ricoh have now updated'  when in reality nothing of the sort happened and the files had been available for hours/days.

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow