Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Evan Zucker
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Sony 16-50mm f/2.8 lens hood vignetting on A77
4 months ago

I bought the A77 with 16-50mm f/2.8 lens last month. I have a clear filter on it and the lens hood that came with the lens.

I took some photos of my house today, and when I looked at them on the computer I noticed vignetting in the upper right and lower left corners of this photo taken at 20mm:

I checked the lens hood -- it was oriented correctly. So the question is whether the clear filter on the lens is responsible for lens hood vignetting at 20mm or whether the lens hood itself comes into the field of view at the wide end of the zoom range.

I realize I could do a series of tests, and I probably will, but I was wondering what other people have experienced with this camera and lens.

Evan Zucker's gear list:Evan Zucker's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow