Airshow Last Weekend..Centennial of Militay Aviation..

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ron.s
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,181
Like?
Airshow Last Weekend..Centennial of Militay Aviation..
4 months ago

...at RAAF Base Williams - Point Cook Melbourne....Mario was also at the same airshow and got his post up very quickly and had some great pics of the roulettes , which is great , 'as I didn't do so well with them, .any way first post now, mostly ground shots using Pan L10 and 50-200 with 1.4tc...I don't have background on all the aircraft right now, but will fill any gaps in later posts, hope you enjoy....

First up , Bristol Box Kite Replica , from RAAF Museum, being wheeled back after its flight. which needless to say I had just missed !!

Spit . MKVIII ...part of Temora Aviation Museum group

..hmmm, white balance a bit off I think, will try & fix later)

...having had a good work out....pleant of exhaust marks !!

Kittyhawk , in RCAF Colours ...yes, just for Canadian Club !

..taxying back after flying display ...

...and doing its one legged seagull impression on take-off ....

Mustang , painted up as a RAF MkIV, on loan to RAAF Sqns, in Italian campaign 1944-45...

CA13 Boomerang....

....cute in its own way....mainly used for ground attack & army co-operation in New Guinea & Islands campaign

CA 9 Wirraway...cousin to Harvard - trainer / Liason / Army Co-operation & ground attack...actually shot down a Zero, which the Boomerang never did !...

getting a bit crowded on the apron....

All next group from Temora Museum again.......

Lockheed Hudson........very nice condition ....

Vampire two seater....in Rhodesian colours & pretty sure was originally from there as well

Gloster "Meat Box."......first time I've seen him & painted as pilted by P.Offr George Hale, credited with one one probable & one damaged  Mig15 !

...very impressive sound from the twin "webber bbq's " when they get wound up ...

and the "Black Cat" from the Historic Aircraft Restoration Society ...taxying back to dispersal area...

...this will be the first of a couple of post as it was a big day ..with several firsts for me , such as the Catalina ...Cheers RonOz

Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow