D700 - Where to go next?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OniKudaki
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Re: D700 - Where to go next?
In reply to Dave George, 5 months ago

I have used a few cameras on that list for weddings and beauty work and first hand can give you some tips

D600/610 are nice but they wont have the same little nice additions that a D700 has as well as having the body to match. Also in hand I didnt like how it felt. Thats just me you might be different but I just didnt like it- plus the oil and sync speed issue put me off.

D800- I owned one for weddings and sold it 3 months later. Was a beautiful camera to use but processing 1000 plus RAW images really does hurt your PC if it is not powerful enough as well as memory card capacity. Fantastic camera for beauty, fashion , and landscapes but not sure about it for events and weddings based on the size of the sensor.

DF- beautiful sensor but guess it depends on how you shoot weddings. If you need a camera with fast controls without the need to change settings quickly then it will more then suffice- however if you need to change a shutter quickly or other settings may not be the best for you.

Sounds silly but have you ever thought of using a D7100? cheaper, with a good amount of pixels, low light performance, might be worth a look?

OniKudaki's gear list:OniKudaki's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow