Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,060Gear list
Like?
Re: Try it again
In reply to Lance B, 7 months ago

Lance B wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

Well for me the saying "once bitten, twice shy" applies. I loved my D800 but for the first year, until the firmware update, the AF was really inconsistent ( not left AF; not fast prime issues a la primeshooter ) So I fixed it by buying a D4. After the fiemware update I never quite had the confidence in the 800, so I used the D4 mainly, for BIF. D800 for other stuff. So when I sold the 800 and got the 800e, I stuck with the D4. Tried the e a couple of times, but it's no D4. If I had more time, I'd do some testimg, but my BIF opportunities are limited, so why risk the shot? And I picked up another D700 recently, and that has better AF than the 800/800e so until I get some time to test the e, the 700 will be my second body for BIF.

That's interesting. Again, your experience is much different to mine. After the firmware update, mine was better! I don't know what to say to your problems.

-- hide signature --

Lance B

After the firmware update mine was better! As in improved.  Not D4 better though!  And it's not really a problem. 800e gets used for stuff that don't move too much.  When I get time I'll do some testing on it. The e might be ok.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow