Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danieljcox
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
One Year Testing the Lumix GH3
9 months ago

A year ago I bought my first GH3 and took it to Kenya . Since then I’ve taken the GH3 to Argentina, Chile, Peru, Panama, Ecuador, Ireland, South Africa, Brazil, Uruguay, Antarctica, Japan and several trips to Yellowstone in winter. I've shot over 100,000 pictures with it in that time. In short I'm still very impressed.

The Canon 600mm F/4 with photographer attached is on the left. On the right is me shooting the Lumix GH3 with a 100-300mm F/4-5.6 lens. In the Micro Four thirds world all lenses are multiplied 2x so the Lumix 100-300 is actually equivalent to a 200-600mm lens. The same long magnification as the massive Canon lens.

Even so, I can't wait to get my hands on the new GH4. Thankfully, several of the issues I found in the GH3 have been addressed in the GH4. Or at least that's what the pre press hype suggests. For anyone interested I've posted a very detailed Blog titled One Year Testing the Panasonic Lumix GH3.

Daniel J. Cox
www.naturalexposures.com

danieljcox's gear list:danieljcox's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 +22 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow