Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ShawnHoke
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
Re: Bride and Attendants
In reply to Sergeg, 4 months ago

Sergeg wrote:

ShawnHoke wrote:

It's just a bit much as far as processing goes. And wisep01 correctly pointed out the weird juxtaposition of the tree and the pole, which is often hard to notice if you are shooting quickly.

My eye is drawn to the too bright white spot on the car hood just above the bridesmaid kneeling over. I probably would have preferred the unprocessed version, but that's my taste.

-- hide signature --

Thanks Shawn,

shooting quickly is the operative word here, as I stated originally, I was a guest and it was a grab shot from the sidelines, I didn't want to get in the way of the hired photographers of which there were 2 plus video guy. I hate when that happens to me on a job.

Being painfully aware that I didn't have the optimum position and all the pointed out negatives, I decided on the band aid solution of blurring the background, albeit heavy handed and hastily done. It's amusing to ponder if the dress colors or car color was the dominant decision?

At least my photo has generated healthy discussion instead of dust bunnies on sensors, people can tear apart a photograph, the occasional level of venom never ceases to amaze me though on these forums.

Peace out

Yeah, I shoot a lot of events where I can't control backgrounds and lighting. Things happen fast and afterwards I see many shots where I'm like "Damn, I didn't notice that in the background!" 

I wouldn't sweat it. You had to go a little heavy on the processing, but at least you were just shooting for fun.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow