Digital Nigel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,256Gear list
Like?
Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to PVCdroid, 8 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

plasnu wrote:

How is it determining the vertical/horizontal position without the level without the gauge? Are you just talking about the gridlines?

No. When shoot vertically, the camera play back the file vertically. I think the camera still have some kind of device that can tell the camera position when shoot. No level indicator can be displayed on the LCD/EVF. I don't know if the indicator is just disabled, or camera only has a cheap vertical/horizontal position sensor which can't tell the level precisely as the one on NEX-7.

The funny thing is that, although I always use the digital spirit level with my NEX-7, I still often have to straighten images in post-processing, so I think the gauge isn't properly aligned. I find that the level in my RX100 is much more accurate.

I've never had the problem on my NEX-7 but have seen others complain. Does it align when setting it on a level table?

Yes, it does, but I notice that you can tilt it more one way than the other with the level markers staying green. In other words, there's quite a bit of slack, and the range isn't centred on true level. I don't think it's possible to manually adjust it.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow