FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,417Gear list
Oh, I have been Duded...
In reply to Dave Sanders, 9 months ago

Dave Sanders wrote:

The only hysteria I see is by those denying that it's an issue while not fully understanding what the issue is. For those of us who shot hundreds of exposures in the 2-3 minute range a month, it is, as you might guess, significant.

Dave, I am not denying it is an issue.. I have it.. I shoot long exposures.. did so this last week with no problems using the remote release... never leave the compartment open when not using the remote.. which plugs the hole.. and blocks the light.

Should it have been a perfect camera... well, yeah... we all know that.

The reaction here is so predictable... panic, frustration, name calling, anger, more frustration.. cancelled orders.. more frustration... over something that can be easily handled... but then that means the X-T1 is not perfect and well... Fuji must be brought to task by those who spent their hard earned money on a clearly defective and sub-standard camera.  (not my words)

Yes.. the light leak should have been caught.. we are in agreement... but don't tell me there is no hysteria here.

Some here will never open that compartment and it truly will be a non-issue for them.
Some will open that compartment and have every right to expect it to be light-tight.. and I do agree with them.. but I'm not returning the camera based on that as I know how to keep the issue from being a problem.

For those who don't want to handle the issue themselves.. yes, go ahead and return the camera.. you have every right to expect perfection in production models.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow