Dave Sanders
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Dude...
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 6 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

Graham Hill wrote:

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

Just saying....

Is placing a camera in an oven part of NORMAL operation?

No, I didnt think so.

-- hide signature --

"Film is not a means to the end of "looking like film"... Making film-based photographs is an end in itself for me, not some kind of elaborate photoshop plugin. If I can't put Tri-X in the goddamn thing, I don't want it."
Anonymous

I have the light leak when I shine light directly into the remote/mike jack..

...the flashlight is not the issue here (Lebowski quote, couldn't resist, sorry). The flashlight was only an easy illustration of the issue.

but of course when a device is plugged in there is no leak. I do long exposures and when I do I use the remote release or I use the timer with the door to that compartment shut.

Using a remote release is the problem. Having it plugged in does not solve the issue as, it appears, it is all I/O ports.

light leak sample

Is shining a bright LED flashlight in the compartment while shooting NORMAL operation?

It is not. But it is not the problem. The problem is using a cable release for long exposures, which will require the port door to be open.

Is pointing the camera at the sun with the compartment open while shooting NORMAL operation?

No. See above.

No, I don't think so.

I don't either.

Should it have been caught by Fuji, of course.
Is this a sensor disaster like the orbs? No.

Orbs are scary. They're frequently from other planets and contain aliens.

Easy fix.. not worth the hysteria seen in this thread.

The only hysteria I see is by those denying that it's an issue while not fully understanding what the issue is. For those of us who shot hundreds of exposures in the 2-3 minute range a month, it is, as you might guess, significant.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a scientist!

Sorry, couldn't resist again.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow