FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dave Sanders
Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Re: ISO matters a little and lens cap ON matters a lot...
In reply to D200_4me, 4 months ago

D200_4me wrote:

Dave Sanders wrote:

I'd imagine that it's a relatively simple (if costly) production fix for Fuji and there are going to be some workarounds for sure. That said, I don't think denying this issue is a good idea.

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

There's no denying it. I've admitted the issue is there, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought after I removed the lens cap to test it that way. Everyone has different styles and interests in photography, so sure, it may be much more concerning to some people. I have an open mind with regards to gear. I'm not a blind fanboy and I'm also not a 'the sky is falling' or conspiracy theorist either. It is what it is. It'll get worked out.

A lot of my work is long exposure so, for me, this is a large issue...especially since I was going to buy an X-T1 this weekend when they finally hit the shelves in Canada! As I said, I suspect Fuji will address it and, in the meantime, there will be workarounds. But I will wait for my purchase as my style of shooting would be greatly handicapped by this...especially with my penchant for forgetting things...I can imagine that I'd lose tiny caps for the I/O ports about 40 seconds after opening the box...

-- hide signature --

Dave Sanders

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow