Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
KBKB
Senior MemberPosts: 1,374Gear list
Like?
Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to PVCdroid, 9 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

KBKB wrote:

It's a shame about the level, especially since cameras like the RX100 have this functionality.

I really like having a level; while hiking, I often end up in places where the rocks tilt crazily in different directions. My perception of what is horizontal and vertical is often off by quite a lot.

I have pretty much made up my mind that i'm going to get either an A7 or A7r for tripod work. (The other option is to go to full frame DSLR; I'm still pondering this option as well.) I'll continue to use my RX100II and NEX-7 while hiking. My hope is that Sony will release a true NEX-7 replacement at some point in the future.

I agree and canceled my order for the A6000 today with B&H. I'm not ready for full frame with the lenses I've got and will just wait for the next APS-C from Sony that has all the bells/whistles. It's not like I'm shooting action or sports frequently anyway and the NEX-7 has perfectly acceptable and accurate AF with great image quality.

The pricing of the A6000 is starting to make a little more sense. They are eliminating some features in order to make room for a higher end APS-C imho. The absence of the gauge, lower EVF resolution and the mic input are indicating that this as not a replacement for the NEX-7. Oh well.

That's my conclusion too.

It makes sense for them to stay quiet about plans for a higher end APS-C E-mount camera.  If they say anything, this could eat into their sales of the A6000 as well as the A7 and A7r.  (I'm sure something like this has been said already in this thread.  I've lost track of what's already been said here.)

KBKB's gear list:KBKB's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow