Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Euell
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to PVCdroid, 4 months ago

PVCdroid wrote:

KBKB wrote:

It's a shame about the level, especially since cameras like the RX100 have this functionality.

I really like having a level; while hiking, I often end up in places where the rocks tilt crazily in different directions. My perception of what is horizontal and vertical is often off by quite a lot.

I have pretty much made up my mind that i'm going to get either an A7 or A7r for tripod work. (The other option is to go to full frame DSLR; I'm still pondering this option as well.) I'll continue to use my RX100II and NEX-7 while hiking. My hope is that Sony will release a true NEX-7 replacement at some point in the future.

I agree and canceled my order for the A6000 today with B&H. I'm not ready for full frame with the lenses I've got and will just wait for the next APS-C from Sony that has all the bells/whistles. It's not like I'm shooting action or sports frequently anyway and the NEX-7 has perfectly acceptable and accurate AF with great image quality.

The pricing of the A6000 is starting to make a little more sense. They are eliminating some features in order to make room for a higher end APS-C imho. The absence of the gauge, lower EVF resolution and the mic input are indicating that this as not a replacement for the NEX-7. Oh well.

The lack of a level makes no sense, as the A6000 is a replacement for the NEX 6 (and 7 at least for now) and a nice level is included with the 6.  Possibly this may only be a firmware issue and can be addressed.

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow