What's the big deal with the retro thing?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
pinnacle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,432Gear list
Like?
Missing the point...
In reply to Segaman, 4 months ago

Segaman wrote:

People like to live in the past.
It does look better than a dslr.
Its smaller.
And it looks cool for some people.

To me, its all these above hahahaha

Some people like to live in the past. Some people have preferences for ergonomics which you either don't understand, don't agree with, or possibly both. People have a wide range of different styles and preferences. Your dismissive references are more of an insight to your limited ability to allow for the variety of ways in which people use technology than an accurate representation of what the Fujifilm design in their X system are truly intending to accomplish.

I have used film cameras over the years and having the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings placed where they are on the X-T1 will facilitate much faster response times when doing image capture (for me). My hand is already on the lens barrel, why not be able to either zoom, focus, or change the aperture since I am already there? My thumb is already touching the shutter speed dial, why not take advantage of the position? I can quickly move my left hand from the lens barrel to the ISO wheel. Bingo!

You don't get it but, others love it. Such is life. Revel in what you do like and use a camera that works well for you.

Dan

-- hide signature --

Life is good.

pinnacle's gear list:pinnacle's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow