Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to Euell, 5 months ago

Euell wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

Euell wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

OpticsEngineer wrote:

much faster AF on the A6000

can you say that with my Sigma AF lenses?

Probably not any slower.

but whats the point of changing if it isn't actually faster? seriously, if you take away the faster AF what does the A6000 offer that I don't already have? and what would I loose like the EVF resolution and no mic input?

seriously, at this point we don't even know which sensor is better - at low ISO without the pdaf pixels there is a very reasonable chance that the NEX-7 sensor might actually perform better

If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. The NEX 7 is way out of date now. Technology does not move backwards. The A6000 would not sell if bested by a much older model, now would it?

A big deficit for me at this point is the lack of a leveling gauge on the A6000. I was all on board a couple days ago to get one but am now waiting to see if this feature is really missing. The A3000 and A5000 have it but there is no example image/screen shot out there showing the gauge so far and the specs from the published manual indicate it's gone. It doesn't make sense and I hope it's just an oversight or the prototype didn't have it for display yet.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow