Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Enir4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102Gear list
Like?
EM5 and GX7
9 months ago

I have been very happy with my GX7, with the reservation that colors are not always satisfactory, even shooting raw and converting with either DxO or ACR, and that at times it clips highlights. Remembering how much I liked the colors of the EP1, I bought the EM5. Colors are at times a bit red or a bit magenta, but deeper and truer than the GX7. The EM5 seems less prone to clip highlights. Menus are complicated, but not as bad as I read. All in all, I feel that the GX7 is a more satisfying computer, while the EM5 is a more satisfying camera. That's the first impression after just 30 hours of intensive use.

Now I wonder about the EM1. Does it have better IQ than the EM5, or is it also prone to clip highlights, since it has the same sensor of the GX7?

Enrique

Enir4's gear list:Enir4's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X30 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow