Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zilver
Contributing MemberPosts: 511Gear list
Like?
Fuji X-T1 - the three dials dilemma
7 months ago

Sorry to add to the lists of threads on usability of X-T1 control and dials.

I'm just confused, there are three dials on the X-T1, the shutter speed which only locks on AUTO, the ISO dials which locks on every turn and have been getting complaints, then the exposure compensation dial which doesn't lock and have also been getting complaints of moving inadvertently.

The exposure compensation dilemma is experienced first hand with my wife using the camera today at my kids' school as all the pictures were taken at -0.7.

Why doesn't all the dials work the same way, with easy release from, say, a side button that can be pressed when turning the dial?

I love this camera and it's close to perfect, I contemplated even writing this post, but we are all very happy with many things FUJI is doing right and although they update firmware continuously, the buttons and dials cannot be fixed with software and so if it doesn't feel right then tough luck.

Kudos for releasing a great camera, but keep working at it please, so close!

zilver's gear list:zilver's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha 7S Leica T
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow