A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
CraigArnold
Contributing MemberPosts: 508Gear list
Like?
Re: Some crops with Olympus resized to 36 MP
In reply to LTZ470, 5 months ago

LTZ470 wrote:

Print size...cause at 100% of both the EM1 would be the one to print, of course you chop 10-20% off the bottom and sides of the A7r shot as well...but that would defeat a 24mm lens purpose?

Do you know how printing works?

If you want a print 30" on the long dimension the Sony will be printing at 240ppi and the Olympus at 153ppi. This is the whole point of having higher resolution.

And in the middle at the right focal lengths (which is where most people will be looking most of the time) - well no contest: the Sony runs off with the trophy.

Which focal length were you thinking?

Well 28,35,50, and 70 for portraits where the edges are hardly relevant. Is this a trick question?

-- hide signature --

Lol...

That doesn't mean what you think it means or you have a very odd sense of humour.

another misled soul...when ever you resize a 16Mp shot to 200% and the 36Mp to 100% what do you think you will see...

Like I stated before try your Nex-6 16Mp at 200% and the 36Mp A7r at 100%...

Some folks are cringing at the idea of a m43 or even a 16Mp sensor being close to the A7r...me too...

I'm not cringing over it at all. It's fully expected under some circumstances.

Talk is cheap and so is up sizing 16Mp vs 36Mp...lol...

Really? Laughing out loud over what exactly?

Lets be honest and just use 100% Crops folks of both photos...that would be fair would it not?

Surely everyone expects the stunning Olympus lenses made for smaller format to be much better than lenses made for larger formats. I mean seriously is there anyone who didn't? But what most of us are concerned with is overall system resolution - the kind that makes its way to the final print. No?

Do you ever burst into a greengrocers should out loudly "Hah apples - I told you so!" and then walk out laughing derisively to the bemused expressions of the proprietor and other customers?

-- hide signature --
 CraigArnold's gear list:CraigArnold's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow