FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
dotjon
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Re: FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK
In reply to Sal Baker, 9 months ago

Sal Baker wrote:

Some like video, some don't. My guess is that Fuji X video will only improve over time and not be taken away. I'm sure Fuji will make video decisions based on the market place.

Sal

Unfortunately that seems to be the way the market is heading, all the execs repeat the same thing- people want video too.

Problem is just getting the video to same qualitative level as stills- current cameras can take absolutely immaculate still photos, the IQ has stabilized already years ago on a fantastic level and the sensor improvement arguments used to push cameras aren't really meaningful anymore in a practical context. Noise has been won, and piling on the megapixels does not bring tangible benefits anymore.

Video is a different beast. Hardware requirements to record high-bandwith video stream are much bigger, rolling shutter is a fundamental issue, ergonomics don't match and on top of it you also need to record and monitor high quality audio.

I can only hope that some manufacturers out there continue to design pure still cameras.

dotjon's gear list:dotjon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow