Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
draacor
Contributing MemberPosts: 993Gear list
Like?
looking for a 70-300
9 months ago

I did a search on the forums and i basically suck at searching as i was unable to find any articles on this and I am sure this has been done to death.

I have 500 dollars to spend on camera equipment.  The longest lens I have is a 105mm and I feel like I need something with more reach.  I am looking at a 70-300 but not sure what to get.  There is a non AFS and no VR Nikon 70-300 used on bhphoto for 90 bucks, since I have a D7100 the AFS doesnt bother me however, is the 400 dollar version with AFS And VR that much better? as in 300 dollars better?

I thought about maybe getting the 70-300 for 90 and then that leaves me money to get a tripod as well.  I do have a tripod now but its a beast, its the slik 700dx which weighs about 13lbs.  It is a pain to travel with but great when its windy out.

Any suggestions?

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow