Have you sold to Adorama?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Have you sold to Adorama?
In reply to 2kcougar, 6 months ago

2kcougar wrote:

I sent in a lens hoping that I would receive a decent price. They have the same lens listed on their website for $375 with a condition of "E". They told me that they could sell my lens for $150. So, I would get $105. Is this typical of their service?

I have not used Adorama, but B&H has a good setup on their site to estimate the price and you can ship it out free. I have always gotten what their est. is and I plug it back into store credit. I do it with coolpix and I can imagine that they will get a good return. But they make the process quick easy and no after sale hassles. you will never get what you think you should get.

also I feel the brick and morters have a right to up sell to their hearts content. After all they inspect, clean and attach their name to  it. A lot of times they warranty them for a short time as well.

You should not look at what they are selling it for- instead look at what it is selling for on ebay and factor in all the costs and hassle.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow