ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FW Scharpf
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
A7/7R flexible focus points
6 months ago

Hello,

I come from the Olymous EM-5 and plan to buy the A7R to use with my set of Canon lenses.

Today, I had the opportunity to play with an A7R for a while. To get usefd to the ergonomics may take a while, but it seems ok. What threw me off was the difficulty of selecting small and off-center focusing spots (which on the EM-5 simply takes a tap on the touch-sensitive LCD).

What I found, with the assistance of the salespersion, is that I have to press ther fn button to access the screen options, move to flexible focus and press ok before I can move the focus area. And, worse yet, that once I have made an exposure, the setting of the focus area is extinguished, and I must re-start the process all over again.

For my type of shooting, this would be a deal breaker.

But I can't believe that this should be so in the A7/7R. Please tell me that it isn't. And that there is a way to customize the camera so that the focus point may be moved to a location where it will stay until I move it again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FW Scharpf's gear list:FW Scharpf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow