A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,392
Like?
Re: A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)
In reply to viking79, 4 months ago

viking79 wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

At 70mm it's still not that great to be honest...definitely wouldn't use "equal"...just cropped with Preview on my Apple Macbook to close to ~equal sizes...

I have said numerous times in this thread, that upper left corner, which you decided to show, is clearly faulty on the 24-70mm, and even with it performing badly, it is still about the same as the OM image. You can clearly see from the other areas that for the same field of view, it is capturing significantly more detail than the OM.

Will you notice in a 20x30 print? Probably some. The image resolution factors into the system resolution of the print.

Eric

The detail is there, but significantly blurred/distorted due to glass quality, we know it's not the sensor for sure...

So the 24-70 FE is not very good at 24mm or 70mm...very good to excellent at mid zoom, but if you have the 35mm and 55mm it's really a judgement call...NEED a good UW FE Lens Sony...lets get the lead out, Oly is on the way with a 7-14 PRO UWA and it's not going to be a slouch....

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow