A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,271Gear list
Like?
Re: A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)
In reply to LTZ470, 5 months ago

LTZ470 wrote:

andre700 wrote:

If you rezise before comparing, things start to look quite diferent, and then you might want to sharpen the pictures a bit to make them look their best, the level of detail in the A7r really starts to shine. Different size and different accutance makes it qite impossible to compare.

Who looks at poorly developed pictures anyway?

However, after giving both files a bit of TLC, the 16 mpx of the MFT is impressing, but it does not outperform the A7r.

Just my two cents.

-- hide signature --

André F

Correct Andre, in the center areas, but in the corners and sides it doesn't out perform it actually blurs the details to mush...

But take the same photos and print at 30 X 20 and who could tell the difference hanging in a frame? Unless of course you left the corners and sides in the A7r shot and even some in the extreme lower...

LTZ470, I think there is something wrong with your 24-70mm as the upper left corner has a harsh look to it even at f/8.  Something is out of alignment.  It could just be a one off issue with OSS doing something weird, but if it is in a lot of shots I would definitely swap the lens out.

I am not claiming that the new 24-70mm f/4 lens is a great lens, just that it might not be as bad as people initially think.  The A7R encourages bad pixel peeping practices

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow