Battery Problem on Nikon D800: major battery drain & flashing green light when turned off!

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
peter_moy13
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Re: Battery Problem on Nikon D800: major battery drain & flashing green light when turned off!
In reply to olyflyer, 8 months ago

olyflyer wrote:

None of that is necessary. The flashing green LED is not an error indicator, it is 100% normal that it flashes. It indicates reading and writing and also the sensor cleaning (shaking of the AA filter).

You're correct, it's not an error indicator but more like an activity indicator.

But the fact that it continues to blink after the power has been shut off bothers me.  It's like when you have a runaway process on the computer chewing up CPU and memory in the background slowing performance down.

The camera is still doing something when the power is off and that isn't right.  (Please don't make me start to stare at my body when it's off, I'm already considered crazy enough!)

peter_moy13's gear list:peter_moy13's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow