Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Kiichiro
Regular MemberPosts: 479Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus OM-D E-M10 or Sony A6000?
In reply to Jkim7, 9 months ago
  • Jkim7 wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide between these two mirror less cameras that have recently been announced. I'll be buying the camera mid-april and I was wondering which camera you guys would buy. I'm a beginner photographer so I thought I'd ask reddit.

Both seem to be at the exact same price point. The A6000 seems to have better specs while I guess the M43 system has more lens? I heard that E mount has enough lens and a wide variety also that there will be everything I need at similar prices to M43 lens, with similar quality.

Thank you!!

I would get the a6000 since the em10 didn't get the 5 axis ibis. Also the a6000 can use one of the best lenses ever made the FE55 f1.8.  On the a6000 it'll be around 82mm which is a good range for portraits and can also be used once you upgrade to a full frame camera.

I I really like the 5axis OMDs and if you want to save some money you can buy used OMD EM5 and used 25mm f1.4. They can be bought for around $800.

Kiichiro's gear list:Kiichiro's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow