Battery Problem on Nikon D800: major battery drain & flashing green light when turned off!

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
peter_moy13
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Re: Battery Problem on Nikon D800: major battery drain & flashing green light when turned off!
In reply to CGPhoto1, 7 months ago

There's definitely something not right with this.

The green light normally indicated activity to the card slots (reading or writing) and will also come on briefly during power up and power down.

I would try to remove the memory cards first and see if the light continues to blink after you've shutdown. There could be something wrong with one of your cards that makes the camera try to continually write to it draining the battery.  My camera doesn't blink at all when off.

Experiment with one card in one slot, then the other slot, then no cards to try and isolate the cause if possible.  Have you tried different cards as well?  It may not like one of your cards.

Another thing to try is a complete reset of the body to default values. I don't recall how this is done but I'm sure someone here will chime in.

Was this body brand new out of the box?

peter_moy13's gear list:peter_moy13's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow