Question about D600 and Nikkor 105mm f2.8

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
LFBera
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about D600 and Nikkor 105mm f2.8
In reply to guigzy, 9 months ago

guigzy wrote:

I picked up a couple of lenses on the Nikon lens rebate sale. Got the 85mm f1.8. Love that lens.

Just received the 105mm f2.8 and tried it this morning.

One little thing though. In M I can dial it down to f2.8 like any other lens' minimum aperture.

However in AP it will only dial down to f3. What's going on there?

-David

p.s. I bought three new lenses and none of them needed AF fine tuning. They are all spot on. Interesting little tidbit.

p.p.s I returned the 24-120. It just didn't have the quality I was used to and I missed the extra stop. Lastly I didn't care for the telescoping zoom. It was a sturdy little performer but I decided to go with the primes instead.

Just curious... were you surprised by the fact that no AF fine tuning was needed?
Do you usually need it?

I'm thinking of purchasing a d600 or d610 so it would be nice to know if this is a big problem for you or not....I'm using a lot of big apertures.

I have a 85mm f/1.4D. Even at f/1.4 and with a very shallow DOF, the focus is perfectly dead on! No AF fine tuning needed. Do you guys have to AF fine tune your lenses a lot?

-- hide signature --
 LFBera's gear list:LFBera's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow