I'd love to have this in my next camera!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
Re: I'd love to have this in my next camera!
In reply to Allan Olesen, 8 months ago

Allan Olesen wrote:

BertIverson wrote:

VirtualMirage wrote:

But if the hardware is already there, no harm in putting it to good use.

Good point. That's true if the GPS is already there.

Bert

Well, you need GPS. And then you need electronic compas, electronic level and most important of all: An image stabilization system which can rotate the sensor instead of only shifting it.

A77 and A99 and many other Sony cameras already have GPS.  They also have electronic levels.  The electronic compass is either already implemented but not really referred to much or wouldn't be much effort to add in.

The big one, which I mentioned as well, is an image stabilization system that moves across more than two axis.  At minimum a three axis system is needed, but a five axis system would be even better.  Seeing as what Sony and Olympus have together now, it wouldn't be too unrealistic to see an improved image stabilization system in the next gen cameras.

So really, when you think about it, the only thing we would need to make this work is the improved image stabilization system.  The rest of the needed technology is something Sony has already implemented in many of their cameras.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow