A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,461Gear list
Like?
Re: Resize the A7/r to 16 MP to see how it compares...
In reply to LTZ470, 6 months ago

LTZ470 wrote:

viking79 wrote:

Resize the A7/r to 16 MP or preferably the m4/3 to 24 or 36 MP.

Eric

Yes, one can resize any photo, but why? I was wanting the A7r to make some printable landscape shots to hang...

Yes, and you can see how much more detail the A7R shows at the same image area.  Pixel level detail is unimportant, what matters is how much detail the image contains for a field of view or crop you are doing.

Notice how once I enlarged the m4/3 image to 36 MP, the 100% crops are now the same magnification?  Before you were zooming in more on the A7r sensor than you were on the m4/3 sensor so the magnifications were off if you are looking at 100% so you aren't comparing the same thing.

Resizing defeats the whole purpose of owning a specific camera...

No, pixel peeping at 100% view level without knowing what you are looking at does.

I think I will just use the 24mm f/2 and LA-EA4 which I detest, but is phenomenal glass in front of the A7r...

I am not saying the 24-70mm is a great lens, but when compared on fair grounds to the Olympus 12-40mm it is fairly comparable.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow