Geneva Motor Show: A77 meets Minolta colours (test shots & chasers)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Geneva Motor Show: A77 meets Minolta colours (test shots & chasers)
In reply to JimmyMelbourne, 9 months ago

JimmyMelbourne wrote:

I think also part of the issue is lens selection. The 100 2.8 macro is probably fine for outdoor photography portraiture, but indoors it may struggle to handle the light situation. Usable definitely, optimal, probably not.

A better lens out of Michel's options would have been the 50 1.7 in this case. An 85 1.4 lens would have been ideal in this environment.

True Jimmy, after I saw my shots it was to be my plan to get the 50mm F/1,7. I will use it today.

The DOF is tricky with the 100mm to follow the action fast, yes the 85mm should be better (but I didn't have one).

I also noticed that the era of Beercan, B-Beercan and secret HS is over for me, not really suitable for really HQ images with a 24MP APS-C (they are sharp --especially the 28-135mm-- but images seems "cottony" a tad, at the same time, like David Hamilton's rendering a little) and I have a total of 6 copy for all. So it's confirmed to my side.

But I don't want to sell (I want to use these lenses for the rendering and caractere they have, for some situations). And also I'm waiting for the FF generation next...

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J
« Shoot RAW+ ...think JPEG »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow