Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon P8000 vs Canon G1X
In reply to panamforeman, 6 months ago

panamforeman wrote:

Jennyhappy2 wrote:

So who is debating between the Nikon P8000 vs Canon G1X? Seems like the winner may be who gets to the market first, but the P8000 will likely be smaller with a faster lens.

And the source of this info? I know you were right about the G1XII, and I give you that. But when you say it (P8000) will "likely" be smaller with a faster lens........Is that a guess, or a wish?

This is the info regarding the faster lens, if true: http://nikonrumors.com/category/nikon-p8000/

"The lens could be even faster than previously reported: f/1.8 – 3.0 Maximum shutter speed: 1/8000 sec. The P8000 will use a new 1″ Aptina sensor Expeed 3 imaging processor Magnesium body Comfortable grip similar to the Nikon P5100 and P6000 models"

So far, the P8000 features and specs are looking better than the G1X MkII, but the most important thing is how the IQ compares. That is them main criteria for me, although if the features and specs on the P8000 are MUCH better and IQ is within +-5% (or so) of the G1X MkII, I just may get the P8000 anyway.

-- hide signature --

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow