FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,394Gear list
Re: MUCH WORSE THAN WHAT I THOUGHTS 2 PHOTOS !!!!
In reply to baobob, 6 months ago

baobob wrote:

Interesting thoughts indeed

That said the consumer point of view needs to be defended

For the moment it is easy to cope with the issue

But we do need to get an effective answer from Fuji, this is our due after we paid for an high end product

What could be accepted may be for a cam at 150$ cannot for such a product.

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

I understand. Given Fuji's reputation for going out of their way to keep people happy with firmware updates on old cameras, I'm sure they'll take care of this if someone calls them about it. There's no way they'd refuse to fix or replace these cameras. I just don't see that happening. It's a very obvious and easy to replicate problem. I'll think about it, but for me and my X-T1, I won't be sending it in anytime soon. Perhaps several months from now when the warranty is still good and the thrill of the new camera is gone, I may send it in and let them fix it. This would never affect my shooting, but the ONLY thing I'd be concerned about is resale value if someone knew about this issue and asked me about it. I'm not the type of person that would sell the camera to someone and lie to them (saying it didn't have the problem). So, just for that reason, I 'might' send it in several months from now to be fixed.

By the way, I checked my X100S and Olympus E-M1 to see if I could find any light leaks with a bright LED flashlight shining into the ports under the open flaps.   Both cameras were ok.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow