Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Lively
Senior MemberPosts: 1,363
Like?
Trade 12mm f2 for 12-32?
6 months ago

I have a question for those of you that have used both of these lenses.

When set to f5.6 or f8 at 12mm does the Olympus 12mm prime have a noticeable advantage in sharpness across the frame or CA?

If the 12-32 is as nice as everyone says it looks like it could replace my 12mm and reduce the number of lenses I carry while hiking.  The 12-32 is smaller and after selling the 12 and buying the 12-32 I would have money leftover.

I currently have the Olympus 12mm.  I bought it because when taking pictures of scenery I wanted something wider than my 14-42 kit lens and I wanted it to be sharp across the frame.  Since it used almost exclusively outdoors it is normally set it to f4 to f8 to avoid vignetting and slightly soft corners.  I never use the manual focus mode (which feels great by the way) or DOF scale.  I have a GX7 so with a firmware upgrade I could manually focus the 12-32 when necessary but since my GX7 has pinpoint autofocus I rarely need to use MF.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow