A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,448
Like?
Re: Some crops with Olympus resized to 36 MP
In reply to viking79, 6 months ago

viking79 wrote:

I hope you don't mind me using heavy crops of your photos, I deleted them off computer when done. My example is much better shown than said...

Here is why I like larger sensor. It only looks bad at the pixel level (besides the top edge, I think your lens is faulty) because the A7R has so many more pixels. If you resize the Olympus to be fair. Simply import into Lightroom and export Olympus and Sony at Long Edge of 7360 (this makes the olympus slightly more than 36 MP since it is 4x3 ratio, but have to pick to convert to 4x6 or 3x4 crop.

The A7R is on the left in all these... Tell me, which do you think is resolving more detail?

Look at board grain in background

Upper right isn't too bad on your 24-70

Look at grass detail

Of course one MUST heavy crop to degrade the EM1 image, BUT at 100% crops the EM1 image shot better detail...36Mp vs 16Mp almost 2-1/2 X's the pixels

Which will win a 200% Crop contest?...lol...

Try HEAVY crops against your 16Mp Nex and the 36Mp A7r...what do you think you'll see?

Now how big does one want to print? Thats the question and how much do you want to crop off the A7R shot?

Wished someone with an A7 and the 24-70 would shoot some landscapes and post at 100%...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow