FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,344Gear list
Re: Yep
In reply to Digital Shutterbug, 4 months ago

Digital Shutterbug wrote:

To be sure, I would probably be controlling the camera with my phone, rather than a cable. But not everyone would use a phone. For those using a cable, a dummy plug in the unused port would be a good idea.

As you and others suggested, that would be a very quick, easy and reasonable way to 'fix' this problem for anyone that already has the camera or will buy one that hasn't been corrected yet.  I'm sure Fuji will hear about this and take a simple step to fix it at the factory before the camera is assembled.

I occasionally dabble in long exposure during the day (30 seconds for this one), but I usually don't manually control the camera's exposure time and would never have a need for the flap to be open to use a corded release.   If I did manually control the long exposure time on the X-T1, I would use the camera app on my phone or tablet, because you know...it's 2014 and I can.

Smoky Mountains National Park

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow