Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,469Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks like the same old behavior after the update on a K-5. n/t
In reply to awaldram, 6 months ago

awaldram wrote:

So as suspected its a two part solution

Fw and Pentax adapter

Now all I need to know is will the Pentax adapter drive Sigma HSM properly.?

Ron I'm counting on you as I need to order before Monday for a meet next weekend if its a go , No pressure

Seems strange how many sales to Ricoh throw down the toilet by not describing their products properly ?

They must know what people want , If the product will drive 3rd party in lens motors correctly then £379 is a done deal.

They won't say it for the same reason they won't say their cameras works with 3rd-party lenses.

First, it's not just a claim; they would have to test lenses which are using reverse engineered protocols. And if e.g. Sigma screws it up, Pentax would have to assume responsibility. That's not going to happen.

Besides, Pentax wants to promote using their own products; people might want cheaper 3rd-party lenses but Pentax won't tell them to do so.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow