ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 845Gear list
Like?
What if....
9 months ago

RICOH would buy SONY?

Am I silly? Don't know. But I just saw that Sony sold ist Computer branch VAIO. So, why not the camera branch?

SONY does a lot of great innovation in the field of the camera market - but they are not successful as they fail to use these innovations for building cameras that are optimal for practical use. If I take a Sony into my hands - these camera feel like toys - don't like that.

PENTAX stands for cameras that are optimized for the users - maybe not the latest technologiy but for work in the field you will find no better camera that is easy to use, that fells good in your hand, that is easy and reliable to use, that is a perfect tool for your job. To me PENTAX is the APPLE (in times of Steve Jobs) of the camera market (hope the customers will notice this in the near future).

So, These companies mixed up would be a perfect team. Sony is in trouble - and (I am not an expert) RICHO seems to be very successful.

Both companies use a technology that was invented by MINOLTA and which seems to be the key-feature for further development of technologies at least for the APS-C sensor.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow