Poll: What are your plans in light of the Quattro series?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
tornwald
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: Additional information
In reply to Corkcampbell, 6 months ago

What might be even of greater importance for me to wait and see how the new sensor performs is this alleged hybrid viewfinder Sigma is working on. It's not the speed, the bad iso capabilities or the horrible batery life on the DPM's that are an obstacle for me. I can perfectly cope with these issues.
It's the shooting experience that is the most important for me. I like to shoot handheld, documenting the world around me. What I miss the most is a big and clear viewfinder for carefully composing the image. To be able to see what you want to photograph, to see where you want to focus in the image.
It's about having control. I love the DPM's, but I end up using them as a point and shoot camera, looking at the back screen to see what my image is going to be, while they are just exacly not a point and shoot camera. The deserve to be a compact medium format camera. Now, if only they would handle like one.

tornwald's gear list:tornwald's gear list
Sigma DP2 Quattro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#6New
#7New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow