ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tg9413
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Gear upgrade, Olym 75mm 1.8 vs GX7+Sigma 60mm
8 months ago

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on my next upgrade move.

Currently I have a GX1 body, 14-42mm PZ, and a PL 25mm f1.4 lens. I mainly use the camera indoor or outside at the park for baby portraits / video and some occasional scenery pictures. The PL25 was a wonder when the baby was little and couldn't move as freely. But now since she has grown up and can crawl around a lot faster, I can't get any easy close up big head shots anymore. She will just straight dash towards me and start to trying to grab my camera whenever I point the camera at her. I tried the PZ lens and max zoom, it didn't quiet put me out of her attention zone So I am thinking about getting a longer focal length prime lens, with wide aperture. Due to that often times I have to take her photo at night, and wife put up the absolute no flash light rules in front of the baby. I am thinking the olympus 75mm f1.8, or maybe a GX7 for the IBIS and the EVF (i do have problem taking sharp picture at night when shutter speed start to increase ) + the sigma 60mm prime right now. should basically I have about 900 to budge, and torn between the olympus or the gx7 + sigma combo.

Any suggestion would be great and thank you very much in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow