Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
JohnSingkit
Regular MemberPosts: 329
Like?
Re: A7r FE24-70 C&C
In reply to Paul Richman, 9 months ago

Paul Richman wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Paul - nice round about way to show us how well this lens is doing for you. I like them all, but if I have to choose, I want to see more of the water on the left, so I'm sort of torn between 2 and 3.

You noticed! Yes, I've grown fond of this lens. I shoot it mostly at F11, and then use InFocus to defeat much of the effects of diffraction. Central areas are extremely sharp at all FL, even 24 and 70. I now also have a Leica Vario-Elmarit-R 28-90 mm F/2.8-4.5 ASPH ROM Lens for midrange use.

I did also want feedback on these shots. I had preferred #3 as it gives a bigger view of the main subject, but was also torn by liking the ice covered fence in #1. I shot these this morning just after sunrise. The snow was all gone by noon.

Thanks for your feedback and insight!

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
http://PixelsByPaul.500px.COM
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

I picked #3 despite less water, but more sky and, as you say, bigger view of the main subject, otherwise the snow-covered field in the foreground tends to dominate in #2. I do agree with stevo23 that more water on the left would have helped that, for sure. In #1, the fence takes the eye away from the vastness of the snow-covered field in relation to the main subject.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow