A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
bigley Ling
Senior MemberPosts: 1,146Gear list
Like?
Re: A7r 24-70 at 70mm vs EM1 12-40 at 40mm (80mm EFL)
In reply to blue_skies, 6 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

captura wrote:

The A6000 may outperform both in these regards.

Correct and I am thinking the A7 would do better as well with the 24Mp Sensor as opposed to the 36Mp A7r sensor?

I think the A7 with 24-70 would be a better match?

Perhaps?

Do click on original - dpreview 'previews' really mangle the image IQ...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Those look great Henry, I was really looking for the 24mm end of the 24-70 to be good like the 12-40, but just doesn't pan out that way...center is way more than sharp enough though for sure...

I think that the A7 is much easier on lenses - especially RF. I get great results with many legacy and RF lenses. The A7r seems to be pushing things a bit, especially in corners (with RF).

Below is the OM24 on the A7, it may not be perfect, but it is impressive none the less:

I use it with a tilt-adapter, and get pretty interesting results: Note, this image could have had more DOF, but the 'falling back' feeling has been remedied. The sky is purple shifting due to the tilt on a 'standard' lens:

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

no contest there, the E-M1's tiny m43 sensor cannot really take advantage of these older full frame legacy glass. That being said the E-M1 has such an amazing range of m43 and 43 designed lens, so much so there is no real requirement for m43 cameras to consider legacy glass.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow