Importance of gear ...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,911Gear list
Like?
Re: Importance of gear ...
In reply to pavi1, 4 months ago

pavi1 wrote:

Reproducing Ansel Adams was not my point either. My point is this ridiculous statement that gets thrown around that equipment does not matter. There are no professions that require tools when the quality of the equipment does not matter. Of course it matter. Try being a sports or wedding photographer with a cell phone. Of course you can be an artist with a pin hole camera.

Good points! I think a lot of people here understand that! However (yeah, right!) here on dpreview, being a predominantely gear-focussed forum, it is sometimes hard to believe that so many people seem to believe that gear in fact doesn't matter!

I actually like the fact that you can be welcome and respected here even when you question the importance of gear in general. Like an atheist can be quite inspirational for a Christian congregation, I think it very refreshing to sober up and then go out and take photos with the Coke bottle in fact ... Michelangelo might have needed a rather sharp chisel, but still needed to see the woman hidden in that block of marble.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow