ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
saford
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
a77 + Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (A001) + DMF
6 months ago

Hi all,

Just sharing info in case someone else might be wondering. I just purchased a Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 (model A001) for my a77. DMF functionality wasn't a factor for purchase in my particular case; but I expected it not to work with the AF/MF push/pull clutch on this lens.

My assumption when purchasing was that if the lens clutch is in manual...you're in manual.  To my surprise DMF does work; I can't explain why...perhaps someone with more knowledge than I regarding the clutch mechanism can enlighten us. But in any event, if you have your camera set to use the AF-A position as DMF and leave the clutch on the lens in manual position, the lens will fully auto focus (as if the clutch were in AF position) and disengage for manual adjustment.

Enjoy!

-Scott

saford's gear list:saford's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +10 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow