Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
fongg
Regular MemberPosts: 280Gear list
Re: FUJI X-T1 LIGHT LEAK
In reply to Elusivesouls, 9 months ago

Elusivesouls wrote:

Al Valentino wrote:

This could be a disaster for anyone using a 72R filter to shoot near IR. I had an adapter for a Nikon lens which had a light leak. Not noticeable at all for normal shooting but when I shot near IR with my Hoya 72R filter it would ruin the pictures. I found a few work arounds but in the end a $12 adapter fixed the problem. Here, this could make the XT1 a problem for IR without plugging up the leaks.

Well, you got weather proofing plus an ironic twist. Shame the box that captures light can also leak light

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Out of curiosity, how many other of your cameras have you thoroughly tested for light leaks? Would this have even occurred to you, had someone not pointed it out?

Do you do pixel test on all of your TVs and monitors?

Do you slam on the brakes of your car in rain after getting wet-weather tires?

Do you put a 25lb sack in your child's car seat and slam on the brakes to see if it will hold the weight as advertised?

I mean come on. Go look for flaws in every thing you own. It'll keep you busy for quite a while and I'm sure you'll have a ton of emails to write to all the manufacturers with your findings. Who knows, it could be quite fun.

I get WHY someone would do this and that it is necessary for improvement of the product, but honestly, half if not more of the people upset over it probably would have never even noticed it in all of their months or years of owning this camera and yet suddenly they are complaining about it - and worse yet, looking for it so they can complain about it.. That's what baffles me.

Can't agree more.  Some further observations to share:

1.  There come people jumping ups & downs with issues like this every time, and interestingly some don't even own the specific model.  People just like digging out flaws and complaining.  Name one single product that is 100% flawless and to the full satisfaction of all people

2.  Many usually don't even realize that there is an issue until someone else points it out somewhere, e.g. Youtube, and then start making a big fuss of it

3.  Many (incl. myself) want a perfect piece of equipment, while they don't/can't even make good pictures with the equipment.  And there are people out there spending more time on phototaking and making gorgeous pictures with their outdated/broken/junk equipment.  People call Fuji/X-T1 a shame.  What or who exactly is a shame?

4.  With today's pace of new product launch, some/many may even have long sold their X-T1 before Fuji comes up with a solution.  So why bother too much with an issue that may affect less than 1% or even nil of one's work (this is for those who really/heavily use their X-T1).

-- hide signature --

Thanks
Gary

fongg's gear list:fongg's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Canon EOS 7D Leica M9-P Fujifilm X-T1
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow