Poll: What are your plans in light of the Quattro series?

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
justascot
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: #6
In reply to Roger, 8 months ago

I've also just bought a DP3m, also delighted with it, to the extent I may buy the DP1m which I wasn't considering at all until I bought the DP3m. I had wanted the DP3m sinc its announcement but due to other circumstances hadn't been able to buy until now. My wife had the DP2s so the DP2m didn't appeal for that reason, had no interest in the DP1 models, however the colour and the level of detail from the DP3m has made me have another look at the DP1m.

In a compact camera I think the Merrils are good enough for my needs, I'm not sure I feel the need to upgrade to a Quattro.

However I have been looking to upgrade my aging SD14 to the SD1m, and a Quattro with better higher ISO performance would possibly appeal, however if the announcement on a new dslr model isn't forthcoming soon I may just settle for the SD1m and wait for any upcoming new models to fall in price before I buy in.

I've never been one that needs to have the latest and greatest but I can see the benefits that a Quattro could have for me in a dslr model, but the specifications and the capabilities would have to be proven first before I spend the cash. I like to make investments, not jump on speculations. At this stage without seeing results Its all speculation.

Steven

justascot's gear list:justascot's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#6New
#7New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow