Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomonomics
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
D600 just back from Nikon Service
4 months ago

Purchased in November as a Nikon Refurb from Cameta.   Arrived with a dirty sensor, and I was somewhat annoyed, but at the price I paid I kept it and cleaned it.  I enjoyed the camera through the holidays.   With use, however, the sensor developed more spots which could not be cleaned (by me).

Long story short, sent it in for service on 2/25 as my 90 day warranty was expiring (and not knowing that the next day Nikon would issue the infamous press release).   Nikon Melville took it in on 2/26, and I got it back today 3/5.  (interestingly, the Nikon site still says its in 'shipping')   Took a few test shots, and all is well....the sensor is clean and serene.

The repair sheet say:

RPL SHUTTER MECHANISM

RELATED PARTS (x7)

CLN LOW PASS FILTER

GENERAL CHECK AND CLEAN

However, I did notice from the EXIF that the Shutter Release count is about 45 clicks more than when I sent it in.   I assumed with a new shutter, this would be reset to zero, no?  Is this a firmware function should that have been reset?  I just kinda have it in the back of my head that it wasn't actually replaced with a new/D610 shutter.

Not that it matters right now....I'm just glad to have the camera back so quickly.  Loving the IQ, large viewfinder, and a new 28mm 1.8G that was just delivered yesterday.   As well as peace of mind that I can probably send it back in six months from now when the D620 shutter comes out.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow