Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cesare Ferrari
Regular MemberPosts: 431
Like?
Replacement for my dead 1D Mark II
4 months ago

So finally, my ageing 1D Mark II has finally given me an err 99, and on inspection appears to now be dead. It's had a fine life, and has taken lots of great shots for me. In recent years, it's not done much, as I also have a 1Ds Mark II, so the 1D came out for some birding, and the odd airshow when I really wanted the frame rate and reach.

It's now time to find a replacement for it, and my instinct tells me that a 7D is probably the right camera, giving me a light and cropped camera to complement full frame. The other alternative I was considering was a 1D III. So for an occasional use fast camera, which would you choose? I'm shooting a number of non-L primes, and L zooms, so the lens quality should be up to the task for any of these options.

Any thoughts?

Cesare

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D C Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow