Started Mar 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cesare Ferrari
Regular MemberPosts: 431
Like?
Replacement for my dead 1D Mark II
Mar 5, 2014

So finally, my ageing 1D Mark II has finally given me an err 99, and on inspection appears to now be dead. It's had a fine life, and has taken lots of great shots for me. In recent years, it's not done much, as I also have a 1Ds Mark II, so the 1D came out for some birding, and the odd airshow when I really wanted the frame rate and reach.

It's now time to find a replacement for it, and my instinct tells me that a 7D is probably the right camera, giving me a light and cropped camera to complement full frame. The other alternative I was considering was a 1D III. So for an occasional use fast camera, which would you choose? I'm shooting a number of non-L primes, and L zooms, so the lens quality should be up to the task for any of these options.

Any thoughts?

Cesare

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D C Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow