The Nikon lens sale is over, so what did you buy?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
9ck
9ck
Regular MemberPosts: 354Gear list
Like?
24-70mm f/2.8 now?
In reply to zachdog, 4 months ago

Ever since I've upgraded to FF a god month ago I haven't been able to decide which midrangezoom I should buy. I've read tons of reviews and comments on this forum (thank you everyone) - 24-85, 24-70 both tamron and nikon, 24-120.

I'm looking at some really nice deals on the Nikon 24-70mm at 1250€ for a brand new model. Used market is more limited and I gues I don't want compromise as a used copy just is about 150-200€ cheaper and get wear and tear + no waranty.

But is it good timing to buy the Nikon 24-70mm right now? Sigma is supposed to come up with a update of their version and although no roumor probably also Nikon will come up with an update soner ro later. Should I go for the god offer now (saving 200€ on a brand new model) or should I wait and see - managing with primes? I guess I could survive for a while without a midrange zoom but I'd be missing this offer.

-- hide signature --

Regards 9ck

9ck's gear list:9ck's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NadaNew
UKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow